Contender Series | Dana White’s Contender Series forty eight results: All 5 winners awarded UFC contracts
MMA Junkie used to be on scene reporting from Tuesday’s Dana White’s Contender Series forty eight event.
Dana White’s Contender Series playing cards see possibilities combat for the chance to signal a UFC deal, with UFC president Dana White on hand to make the decisions.
In the 2d week of the sixth season, 10 opponents competed for their shot at a UFC contract. In the featured bout, Chris Duncan (9-1) pulled off an great one-round comeback, knocking out Charlie Campbell (6-2) after being rocked early from massive punches.
This week’s slate of fights had been stuffed with pleasure and devastating finishes. Only one of the 4 bouts wished the judges, whereas remaining week, solely one battle did no longer go the distance. As a end result of the thrilling outcomes, together with the three-round war, White awarded UFC contracts to all 5 winners.
The UFC Apex hosted Tuesday’s card, which streamed on ESPN+. The full consequences of Dana White’s Contender Series forty eight include:
- Chris Duncan def. Charlie Campbell by way of knockout (punch) – Round 1, 1:43
- Vinicius Salvador def. Shannon Ross by way of TKO (punches) – Round 2, 4:22
- Francis Marshall def. Connor Matthews through unanimous selection (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Waldo Cortes-Acosta def. Danilo Suzart by using TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:40
- Billy Goff def. Shimon Smotritsky through TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:37
- Continue analyzing under for extra important points about the tournament
Contender Series | Billy Goff vs. Shimon Smotritsky
Goff started out the combat off aggressively with ahead strain however used to be rapidly sat down by means of a lovely head kick from Smotritsky. The swarm used to be on, however Goff managed to remain in the battle and get the motion lower back to the feet. The heavy putting from each continued, with Goff persevering with to lead the motion regardless of going through early adversity. A few smooth punches from Goff get via and Smotritsky starts to cowl up in opposition to the fence. This time, it’s a swarm from Goff and he receives the comeback end after a flurry of sturdy punches.
- Result: Billy Goff def. Shimon Smotritsky by using TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:37
- Records: Billy Goff (8-2), Shimon Smotritsky (8-2)
- Division: Welterweight
- Broadcast: ESPN+
- Referee: Mark Smith
Contender Series | Waldo Cortes-Acosta vs. Danilo Suzart
The two heavyweights wasted little time buying and selling heavy punches. Both Cortes-Acosta and Suzart landed smooth strikes early. Keeping the stress and the extent high, Cortes-Acosta led the motion with a collection of straight punches earlier than a clinch towards the cage. After discovering some space, Cortes-Acosta persevered to unleash large punches, and this time he dropped Suzart. Cortes-Acosta rushed in for the end and referee Herb Dean noticed enough.
- Result: Waldo Cortes-Acosta def. Danilo Suzart through TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:40
- Photos: Dana White’s Contender Series 48: Best pictures from Las Vegas
- Records: Waldo Cortes-Acosta (7-0), Danilo Suzart (9-2)
- Division: Heavyweight
- Broadcast: ESPN+
- Referee: Herb Dean
Read More :